Dates: To be announced .
This workshop is designed to offer the participant inputs that will help decode the three basic elements; light, colour & composition, that combine in myriad of ways, to create a memorable image.
With digital technology, understanding the technical and creative aspects of photography has been made very easy. And to do this in the inspiring environs of Ooty, where the light is truly magical and the people friendly, is an experience to cherish.
The topics covered will be:
1) Understanding the potential of the camera and lens and discovering ways and means of controlling perspective, with manipulation of shutter and aperture.
2) Study how the camera can interpret a point of view, by selecting, isolating and including elements in our field of vision.
3) Aspects of light and appreciation of how it impacts an image.
4) Study how lines, shapes, forms and texture can give a 3D feel to an image
5) Photoshop fundamentals: downloading, re-sizing, editing and tips on essential tools.
A mix of lectures, slide shows, field trips, feedback sessions and discussions will be used to give a hands-on feel of the possibilities of creative vision.
DSLR camera. Wide to medium lens (18 – 55mm, or 18 – 135mm on a cropped frame camera & 28 – 70mm, or 28 – 200mm on a full-frame camera. Optional – 70 – 200mm lens). Tripod. Extra CF cards, Laptop with Photoshop loaded.
To be updated
Can be arranged on request .